Apex Systems is seeking a Cloud Infrastructure Architect in Davie, FL for a permanent opportunity.
If interested in applying, please send an updated resume to David Pugh at
The Cloud Infrastructure Architect
is responsible for technical duties associated with the hybrid cloud computing infrastructure including planning, design, installation, management, maintenance, monitoring and support.
The position requires strong problem-solving, analytical and communications skills as well as deep knowledge of the technologies used in our hybrid cloud including, but not limited to: VMware full SDDC stack, Azure , Windows and RHEL. The Cloud Infrastructure Architect should also have a strong background in automation with technologies such as vRA/vRO, Terraform and Ansible as well as monitoring solutions such as vRops and Solarwind.
The Cloud Infrastructure Architect will also serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to the System Engineers in an environment that fosters cross-training and voluntary knowledge transfer. MAIN DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Works under the direction of the Director of Infrastructure Architecture
- Provide operational support for Cloud environment ( VMware and Azure ), inclusive of network, storage, compute, Operating Systems ( Windows , RHEL), and application services.
- Recommend, develop and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, configuration management and security.
- Establish and implement monitoring and management infrastructure for both availability and performance management.
- Develop automation strategy
- Work with internal and vendor teams on different projects.
- Ability to manage work flow, improve overall company effectiveness and productivity
- Assists the enterprise system, systems assurance, application development, and operations services in developing, implementing, and maintaining the technology infrastructure
- Documents design, implementation and final configuration findings for both new and existing techniques and equipment
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Escalates problems to vendors and/or senior manager for resolution
- Opens up problem reporting tickets and accurately uses all problem tracking software systems
- Provide support for incidents and end user request for services.
- Experience with VMware full SDDC stack
- Experience with cloud providers: Azure a must, AWS a plus
- Experience designing and building Azure solutions that include high availability, multi-region and multi-set architectures using virtual networks, availability sets and affinity groups.
- Hands-on experience using Azure administration portal, CLI.
- Hands-on experience using PowerShell, Bash, or other scripting languages.
- Experience with infrastructure as code, preferably Terraform
- Experience with operating systems (i.e. Linux & Windows )
- Experience with Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) is a plus
- Experience with Database platforms is plus: SQL Server, CosmosDB, MongoDB, and Oracle is a plus
- Familiar with CI/CD platforms such as Azure DevOps, GitHub Actions and TeamCity is a plus
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to triage technical issues and problems
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or - provided by Dice