Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges-and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day-working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE-and make a difference with us.
The Critical Infrastructure Department (P731) seeks a cybersecurity/critical infrastructure engineer to support identifying, analyzing, prioritizing, and improving the management of strategic risks to our nation from critical infrastructure.
Job Responsibilities :
* Leadership - Ability to act as a Task Lead by providing technical leadership to include scoping the task work plan and providing oversight for quality of the task work program
* Deliverables -Ensure draft deliverables are delivered on time and with a high degree quality for the Project Leaders review before being delivered to NRMC
* MITRE Meetings -- Attend Project meetings; schedule and chair task meetings
* Sponsor Meetings -- Attend and present progress reports and deliverables at sponsor meetings along with the Project Leader as required, virtually or in person
* Task Coordination -- Assist the Project Leader in cross fertilizing and coordinating across project tasks
* Conducting cyber architecture and resiliency assessments, including the technical, operational, and programmatic aspects of executing mission needs
* Providing cybersecurity direction, expertise, and guidance to sponsor projects
* Capturing sponsor and stakeholder requirements to define systems, processes, and capabilities.
* Supporting the analysis and prototyping of cybersecurity technologies.
* Assessing technology solutions for effectiveness in sponsor mission support.
* Developing implementation and integration strategies to improve resiliency.
* Learning and assessing new and emerging technologies and trends, conducting impact assessments, and developing recommended paths forward.
* BS and 8 years of related experience.
* Active Secret Clearance and ability to acquire TS/SCI clearance
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate and integrate across work programs to achieve larger outcomes than any one sponsor can achieve on their own
* Proven track record to try new things and achieve significant work program, sponsor, or organizational outcomes.
* Demonstrated experience working collaboratively across challenging/diverse sponsors/stakeholders to propose, shape, and lead impactful FFRDC work which aligns to MITRE's brand and organizational strategic vectors
* Demonstrated experience enabling and ensuring technical quality of deliverable products
* Some degree of familiarity with the 16 national critical infrastructure sectors, the National Infrastructure Protection Plan, and the fifty-five National Critical Functions.
* Familiarity with the conduct of risk assessments and the development of risk mitigation strategies
* DHS Suitability/Fitness
* Active TS/SCI clearance
* Bachelor's degree in a STEM related field and 12 years related experience
This requisition requires the candidate to have a minimum of the following clearance(s):
This requisition requires the hired candidate to have or obtain, within one year from the date of hire, the following clearance(s):
Subject to all federal and state laws, rules and regulations, MITRE requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. MITRE will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who are legally entitled to an exemption under applicable laws so long as it does not create an undue hardship for MITRE and/or does not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of the employee or others in the workplace.
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of age; ancestry; color; family medical or genetic information; gender identity and expression; marital, military, or veteran status; national and ethnic origin; physical or mental disability; political affiliation; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; and any other protected characteristics. For further information please visit the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission website EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Poster-Supplement and Pay Transparency.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE's employment process, please contact MITRE's Recruiting Help Line at or email at .
Copyright © 1, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.
Benefits information may be found here