Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We're building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It's time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It's time you were a part of something bigger.
We're expanding our workforce - engineers, architects, developers and more - onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you're ready for high-impact, you're ready for CDK.
- The CDK Public Cloud Platform Operations (PCP PlatOps) team is the team that delivers, maintains and improves our strategic, custom-developed platform as a service (PaaS) solution, including the continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) toolchain, for multiple agile application teams delivering custom-built software.
- Platform ops is needed to achieve economies of scale in a DevOps environment in which product delivery teams are responsible for deployment and operations of their own applications. A shared platform cuts down on duplication of technology and focuses expertise.
- The PCP platform is a product used by developers. It is software-defined and must operate to the standard required to protect the organization while allowing the development teams to move fast. This means the platform ops team will be a cross-functional team combining Infrastructure professionals and developers with other expertise, such as security and DBA.
Key technologies that make up PCP:
- Docker - containerized applications or tools or build
- EKS - AWS managed Kubernetes cluster (we use this service for platform)
- Terraform - configure, provision and update resources
- AWS Storage - know where to store metrics (Prometheus) using AWS elastic block storage
- Helm - Read/write helm charts, deploy resources to Kubernetes cluster
- Bash Scripting - Linux scripting tool, used in some cases for automating deployment steps
- Bamboo - bamboo pipelines are used for application deployment (java spec files)
- Prometheus - Monitoring
- AWS CLI - create/query AWS resources
- Logging solutions - ex. Fluentd, Splunk
- Kubernetes including Istio service mesh and Flagger (canary deployments)
- DNS, Networking, Storage, Server management, Monitoring, etc.
In addition, PlatOps team members are expected to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental principles of CI/CD and automation
- Demonstrate an understanding of the underlying architecture of the solution - even better, you are able to propose a draft of the target architecture
- Choose the right tools in order to build the solution according to the requirements
- Communicate clearly about any problems you encounter and ask question when stuck
- Plan and prioritize your own work
- See the "bigger picture" - always evaluate how a decision will impact the future
- Build and deploy the application code and transform it to a CI/CD pipeline by means of automation
- Debug and find potential problems in code
- In addition to these core skills, scripting and coding skills are also desired and will help you be successful in this role
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. - provided by Dice