Technology is constantly changing and our adversaries are digitally exceeding law enforcement's ability to keep pace. Those charged with protecting the United States are not always able to access the evidence needed to prosecute crime and prevent terrorism. The Government has trusted in Peraton to provide the technical ability, tools, and resources to bring criminals to justice. In response to this challenge, Peraton is seeking a talented Infrastructure Engineer with expertise in Splunk and MS Azure to provide operational maintenance and support on a mission critical system.
What you'll do…
* Provide day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for operating systems and servers in general, and for Splunk and MS Azure systems specifically.
* Lead systems engineering and administration support for Splunk in a DevOps environment.
* Provide system engineering and administration support for the current MS Azure environment, and architecture/design support for planned cloud capabilities.
* Perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
* Schedule installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
* Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
* Ensure data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Plans and implements the modernization of servers.
* Develop, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
* Conduct hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
* Ensure systems documentation and configuration management records are current.
* Improve automation, configuration management and DevOps processes.
You'd be a great fit if…
* You have a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience and ten (10) years systems engineering/administration experience.
* You have 5 years of experience coordinating activities of technology product and service vendors and leading technical infrastructure design activities.
* You have 3 years of experience engineering and administering Splunk in multi-node clusters.
* You have 3 years of experience designing, engineering and administering MS Azure systems.
* You have a TS clearance and possess SCI eligibility as well as the ability to obtain a polygraph.
It'd be even better if you have experience with …
* Windows Networking and Infrastructure
* Splunk 8.0 or later
* Azure Cloud services
* Microsoft SQL Server or similar
* Microsoft PowerShell
* Understanding of high-availability, fail overs, backups, scaling and clustering operational systems
* Configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef)
* Continuous integration tools (Jenkins, CircleCI)
* Container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker Hub0
* Linux operating systems (Red Hat, CentOS)
* Other databases (MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, etc.)
* DC/OC, Apache, Mesos
What you'll get…
* An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
* Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
* Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
* Paid maternity and paternity leave
* Company-paid infertility treatments
* Cross-training and professional development opportunities
* The ability to influence major initiatives
* This position requires the candidate to have a current Top Secret security clearance and the ability to obtain a polygraph. Candidate must possess SCI eligibility.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.