We Light the Way!
Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) is transforming the lighting industry. We take pride in our 13,000 employees, and they take pride in working with the best in the industry. Join a team committed to lighting the way to a more brilliant, connected, and productive world. Individually we are talented, but together we are unstoppable.
There's never been a better time to work at Acuity Brands Inc. We are shaping the enterprise lighting market and investing in new technologies that lead the next generation of smart buildings. Our rapid growth equals rapid career advancement opportunities for those who want to be challenged and enjoy a fast-paced, high-performance culture.
We're seeking talented and enthusiastic Software Developer who will join a team building the next generation IoT platform. Utilizing the latest Azure PaaS technologies to interact with and manage IoT devices across the world, we will create and manage cloud side interaction with our ever-going fleet of deployed equipment. Additional responsibilities include project and task time estimates, code and architecture review, providing support for junior developers, documentation of systems architecture and supporting all phases of the development lifecycle.
How You Will Contribute:
* Develop microservices that interact with and manage IoT devices
* Develop supporting microservices that provide REST APIs needed by multiple microservices to operate
* Work closely with the edge teams to enable interaction and management of new devices, including new Microsoft open standards for IoT Devices
* Work closely with the digital twins and customer application teams to deliver applications that supply data or enable control of edge devices.
* Work to continuously improve existing systems, in order to reduce operational expenses and meet the growing needs of an at-scale IoT solution.
Required Skills & Experience
* 3+ years of C#
* Experience building RESTful APIs
* Experience with Agile Methodologies such as Scrum. You've been on teams that practice Agile and you understand why it's beneficial.
* Experience with data handling (SQL/LINQ/Entity Framework, Async data movement)
* Self-motivating, self-directing, and a great communicator (written and oral). You thrive in an environment that grants you a lot of autonomy to explore creative solutions.
Preferred Skills & Experience
* Experience working remotely and working with geographically distributed teams
* Experience with Azure PaaS services including Azure IoT Hub
* Experience building IoT Solutions
* Experience with Kubernetes
We invite you to