Sr. Cyber Security Engineer - INF001384
? The Security Operations team is responsible for operational management of all Security tools, executing the Security Incident Response process for any alerts or events found within their tools set or from additional sources as well as identifying and scoring risk related to the Enterprise.
The role of the Sr. Cyber Security Engineer is to help drive the efforts to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the enterprise infrastructure and information assets across US Cellular. The scope of the position involves identifying, implementation, maintaining, and configuration of key enterprise security tools and initiatives while taking some direct responsibility for driving the results. Included are key security tool such as Web Application Firewalls, WIPS, DLP, File Integrity monitor, Firewall Rule Auditor, Forensics Tools, Vulnerability Scanning Tools, and Key Encryption as well as other security devices and operations.
This role is always encouraged to maintain professional working relationships. Contacts will include key corporate partners, the Information Risk Security Team, Network National Operations Security Engineering, associated working groups, and external contacts within the information security industry. The individual is expected to meet objectives with integrity and efficiency.Location Note:
This role can be based out of either our Schaumburg, IL or our Chicago, IL locations Essential Functions
- Proactively implements (new, upgrade, maintenance), monitor and support enterprise Security Tools.
- Invokes the security incident response process including security response team activities as well as providing and implementing tactical risk mitigation to incidents.
- Drives the vulnerability and threat management monitoring tools and mitigation responses.
- Maintains the tactical and operational planning of vulnerability assessment activities.
- Promotes Enterprise security team efficiency by accomplishing additional security related results as needed.
- Acts as the domain specialist for most of the key security tools, technologies and processes owned by the security team.
- Act as a senior support role in the execution of EIS projects and initiatives.
- Excels in operations and tactical planning.
- Performs change control and device configuration management activities on all security technologies.
- Investigates events of interest and mentors junior team members to resolve root cause of abuse or misuse.
- Provides management level reporting of all critical intrusion or vulnerability detection tools.
- Actively protects the availability, confidentiality, and integrity of customer, employee, and business information.
- Performs Risk Assessments to support the Risk Management Program including scoring risk.
- Guides the review, development, penetration testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques.
- Crafts Policies and Procedures required to perform duties for the Security Operations team members.
- Supports both Internal and External audits for various compliance needs including PCI-DSS, SOX, CPNI and others.
- Helps the lead analyze resource utilization and makes recommendations to distribute the workload and complete projects.
Technical Proficiency Expectations
- College degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience required
- Deep knowledge of IT operations: help desk, end-point management, and server management
- Change management skills required: change agent, change author and implementer
- Strong knowledge and understanding of UNIX / Linux operating systems
- Hands on experience with common UNIX and Windows utilities, diagnostic and monitoring tools
- Extensive knowledge of relevant technology, operations and key business processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills must be able to communicate technical details in a clear and concise manner
- One or more security certifications such as: Security+, CEH, CISSP, or OCSP or other IT related certifications
- Proven teammate with strong collaboration skills
- Critical thinking and in-depth problem-solving skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Domain Specialist in network protocols, LAN, WAN, SSL, Firewall, Load Balancer, and DMZ configurations.
- Knowledgeable of the PCI (Payment Card Industry) data security standard and other regulatory concerns (SOX, FCRA, FISMA, etc.)
- Content filtering technologies, application firewalls, vulnerability scanners, LDAP, SAML, forensics software, security incident response
- Linux (Red Hat, SUSE), Windows Desktop (Win10) and Server (2012, 2016, 2019), UNIX (HP/UX, AIX, etc...)
- Firewall and Switching technologies (Cisco Firepower 9K, Juniper SRX, Checkpoint, etc.) OSI Model, VPN, IDS/IPS, Proxy/Reverse Proxy, WAF, Two Factor Authentication, RADIUS, Netflow, Anti-SPAM, Vulnerability Scanning/Reporting (Qualys, Rapid7, Nessus, NMAP, etc....)
- Experience with Perl, PowerShell, Python, SQL: Scripting experience with Perl, PowerShell and/or Java is a plus
- Anti-Malware, HIPS, Client based firewall, Whitelisting/Blacklisting technologies, GPO, WMI, BASH.
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience preferred
- Member of SANS or other leading security organizations preferred
- Security Industry certificates such as CEH, CISSP, or OCSP preferred.
- Scripting experience with Perl, Shell and/or Java is a plus.
: Information Technology Location(s)
: Illinois-SCHAUMBURG_IL Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.