MYCOM OSI is a leading telecom software vendor providing network and service management solutions (Assurance, Automation and Analytics) to leading Communications Service Providers (CSPs) including 8 out of 10 of the world’s largest global CSP groups, including Vodafone, Telefonica and Deutsche Telekom. In one country alone MYCOM OSI helps manage the network and service experience of more than 800 million mobile subscribers.
MYCOM OSI has been at the forefront of innovation and trusted by the world's leading CSPs for over 25 years’ and with today’s global transformation to digital it is again leading the industry with innovations in NFV/SDN/Telco Cloud, 5G and Internet of Things. MYCOM OSI is in the early stages of an exciting new chapter in its growth as it launches a new technology platform that has already been selected by a leading CSP to assure the world’s first Telco Cloud.
With a global presence and approximately 250 employees worldwide, MYCOM OSI has an entrepreneurial culture, where ambitious, flexible and hardworking people would thrive. We offer a challenging and rewarding working environment together with a good compensation package.
Job Title: Support Engineer
Location: Slough, UK (with full on-site assignment in Newbury)
Position in Organisation
Reports to: Regional Support Manager
Directly Supervises: No staff
Salary Range - £40,000 - £45,000/annum
Level: Grade Level 2
– The individual is expected to carry out the responsibilities and assignments associated with the Support Engineer role directly on a customer site with minimal supervision
Main purpose of role:
The key role for a support engineer at MYCOM OSI is to provide excellent proactive support in line with each customer contract. This will require a combination of 1st and 2nd level support of customers. Each team members will take responsibility of their assigned calls, manage each request correctly, respond efficiently and communicate clearly to ensure the customer's complete satisfaction. Team members will also contribute towards the ongoing transformation of our products and services, working with other members of the operations team and developers in an agile environment.
• Remote installation and testing of products.
• Liaise with 3rd party suppliers to troubleshoot software and hardware problems including Cloud deployments.
• Responsible for taking over customer systems from R&D or PS and own all aspects of support and maintenance of MYCOM OSI solutions from the point of customer acceptance.
• Responsible for delivering to customers SLA agreement.
• Understanding the commitments and SLA agreements with each customer and take ownership of ensuring that steps are taken to deliver the services in an efficient manner.
• Understanding the working practices and tools and taking ownership of using the tools and infrastructure to effectively deliver the service.
• To understand the quality processes and make quality a priority in the delivery of solutions to customer queries.
• Providing remote support and on-site support.
• Participation in out of office hours support as required.
• Proactive review and periodic checks of assigned installations and recommending fixes/solutions.
• Perform system health checks and performance tuning as well as capacity planning.
• Providing daily system reports with explanations of any abnormality.
• Tracking and reviewing R&D projects to ensure systems are designed with supportability in mind and that appropriate support packs are in place when installation goes live.
• Advise customers on the use of product features, functions and interface.
Skills (technical and non-technical) & Qualifications
• Communicates effectively and professionally (clearly, concisely and appropriately) both orally and in writing.
• Proficiency in a customer support role with a proven record of troubleshooting.
• Demonstrates analytical, problem solving skills.
• Able to diagnose problems and quickly identify fixes to defects.
• Able to accurately follow written and verbal instructions in English.
• Able to work alone unsupervised on complex problems but also work within a global team helping others with clear reports and requests for assistance when needed.
• Works in a structured, organized and pro-active way. Gathers and organizes information. Demonstrates the ability to prioritize own activities, to plan ahead and to multi-task as appropriate.
• Strives to meet agreed schedules at all times and works well even with tight deadlines.
• Takes ownership of own tasks. Demonstrates personal commitment to achieve assignments and project targets.
• Server command line proficiency (ideally Linux)
• Database query working knowledge (ideally Oracle)
• Windows troubleshooting experience (ideally Java applications)
• Understood how modern cloud computing works with the advent of hyper-mobile devices, IoT and the need for quickly deployed networks
• Working knowledge of Cloud technologies (AWS, Openshift)
• Experience trouble shooting a complex data environment (previous examples would be performance management, billing and fault management but now we will be needing to work with a transformed IoT)
Experience & Expertise
• Minimum degree or equivalent qualification in any Engineering or radio communication discipline.
• Your ability to demonstrate a high level of IT competence is key for this role. We will expect you to evolve and learn new technologies while working as part of a busy support team.
Top 5 objectives
1. Help transform your day to day job, by updating proactive monitoring tools
2. Increase your knowledge by self-study and involvement in new projects
3. Working within customer SLA and ensuring customer satisfaction at all times
4. Accurate internal and external communication (updates to call tracking systems, internal reports etc)
5. Achieve results by consistent team working (sharing knowledge, understanding the needs of others and showing flexibility of your time)
Closing date 25th October 2019