Umatilla Electric Cooperative (UEC) is a progressive electric utility cooperative located in northeastern Oregon along the beautiful Columbia River, offering a wide variety of activities year round. UEC is experiencing rapid growth in the commercial and industrial area and has a challenging position for the right candidate. Offering a "four tens" work schedule, strong benefits, and generous retirement program this is a unique opportunity for a rewarding career with an exciting organization in the growing community of Hermiston Oregon.
Position will remain open until filled, interviews will begin as early as September 24th, 2018
The Telecommunications Specialist will be responsible for designing outside plant network facilities, field audits, records verification, general documents preparation, data entry, creating work order construction prints, records posting, cable count re-arrangements, joint pole work, and routine work order functions.
• Assures compliance with FCC, telephone industry standards, local telecom practices and procedures, local city, state and governmental rules and regulations.
• Performs field audits; meets with contractors, customers and local agencies.
• Performs installation, acceptance testing and ongoing maintenance of telecommunications and network infrastructure.
• Contributes to the design of network architecture (WAN and LAN) by providing telecom solutions to include RF, copper and fiber along with routing and switching.
• Review designs of outside plant network facilities and applicable infrastructure routes from Central Office termination point to customer access point or any segment in between.
• Conducts or supervises field audits of utility poles identifying service providers and cable types (e.g., CATV, COAX, fiber and copper cable), hardware, span lengths and attachment heights.
• Coordinate with other responsible parties to ensure the integrity of all telecom assets.
• Maintains current knowledge of the National Electric Code and the National Electric Safety Code along with FCC guidelines and BICSI standards and practices.
• Prepares electronic drawings using computer aided drafting systems when required.
• Compiles data required for the preparation of plans or work order drawings.
• Contributes to the preparation and evaluation of telecommunications bid proposals.
• Processes documentation required to record easements and obtain permits from various governing agencies operating in the Cooperative's service territory.
Associate's degree (A. A.) in Electronics, Computer Science or a related field. Network+, FCC GROL, BICSI RCDD, OSP or similar certifications preferable. 7 years of experience may be substituted for education.
Five years' experience as a Telecom OSP technician, RF technician or similar and relative engineering/technical experience. Advanced understanding of aerial, underground, OSP copper, fiber and substructure design.
UEC offers a competitive wage and benefits package and the salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications.
Come join a growing business in the energy distribution field that is community minded and become part of our proud and successful Utility Management team!