ClubLabs is the digital acceleration team for Automobile Club of Southern California, also known as, AAA. We are the team responsible for building intuitive customer experiences across the organizations insurance, membership, financial, emergency roadside, and travel services. We're a team of engineers, designers, researchers and product managers within AAA delivering maximum value to our members and business for a smarter future.
The User Experience Lead works to define intuitive user interfaces and interactions for AAA's Auto Club mobile app, ensuring they provide a cohesive experience as part of our members' digital journeys with AAA. The best candidates will have several years of experience collaborating in cross-functional teams to define, design, develop, test, and launch iOS and Android apps. They are strong communicators and collaborators, able to build bridges to effect change across the organization. Responsibilities
- Collaborate with team members to identify product opportunities.
- Conduct qualitative design research using ethnographic and participatory methods.
- Conduct comparative and evaluative research to inform design and development.
- Analyze metrics data to inform design solutions.
- Lead working sessions with cross-functional teams.
- Create design concepts and prototypes, and design testing plans for validation.
- Communicate and present research, insights, concepts to stakeholders.
- Promote UX design efforts, mindset, and methods through presentation and communication.
- Design and facilitate workshops to scope an initiative, identify an opportunity, or generate potential solutions.
- Create and iterate on tools and resources that promote user-centered design practice and mindset.
- Partner with team members in user experience to promote best practices for the user experience program.
- Tell meaningful stories about the user.
- Mentor other members of the UX team.
- 10+ years of experience delivering successful work for entire product areas for native mobile, web and/or software applications.
- A strong understanding of the technical constraints that apply to designing user interfaces and interactions for Android and iOS apps.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating a strong sense of visual design, interaction design, information design, and information architecture.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams in fast-paced, agile environments.
- Experience conducting user research and usability testing.
- Experience creating new methods and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to justify design decisions and articulate alternative design approaches.
- Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from stakeholders.
- Solid project management, organizational, time management and prioritizing skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Experience with industry tools such as Sketch, Figma, Zeplin, Invision, PivotalTracker, and Jira.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent education and professional experience.
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.